Childcaring has received a Community Innovations Grant through the Preschool Development Grant, from the Department of Children and Families. Our application was one of eight awarded, from 115 applications statewide.
Theirgoal is to pay for 42 children and the funding must be spent before October 31, 2021.
The main eligibility requirements are:
- Family resides in Langlade, Lincoln, or Taylor Counties (families in Marathon or Portage Counties have separate funding, but they should connect with us too)
- They attend a child care program that is rated 3 Stars or higher in YoungStar
- Their gross monthly income is below 300% of the Federal Poverty Level – we can help families determine this:
Families may also qualify for GSG Limited term funding if:
•They receive Wisconsin Shares (state child care assistance) and have difficulty paying their copay resulting in a past due balance.
•A child is currently placed in isolation/quarantine and are still being charged to hold their child care slot.
Each application is reviewed and eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis.
Ultimately, if any family you know is struggling to pay for child care, please have them connect with our staff:
- GSG Program Coordinator, Rachele Johnson – 715-841-9490
- Resource & Referral Specialist, Tara Biebl – 715-841-9490
Good Start Grants brochure: https://childcaring.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/GSG-Brochure.pdf
Family Application and Guidelines: https://childcaring.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/PDGGSG.pdf
Childcaring Webpage - Need Help Paying for Child Care?: https://childcaring.org/needhelppaying