The United Way of Taylor County is seeking mission-driven, collaborative and innovative Executive Director.
The Executive Director will serve as the brand ambassador and champion of the United Way of Taylor County in the community, which includes connecting with a constituency of givers, recipients of services, individuals, associations, agencies, education partners, government, businesses and other institutions. The Executive Director will leverage the power of relationships and networks, working across private, public and corporate sectors to improve conditions in the community. The Executive Director will possess a high level of broad business skills, financial acumen, and strategic management expertise to effectively retool the campaign process to generate resources and financial support for the organization. The Executive Director will be a driver of change, open to technology and new ideas. As chief spokesperson, the Executive Director will insure that United Way of Taylor County, its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a positive, collaborative manner.
This is a part-time position, averaging 15 hours/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to United Way’s mission and values, including the ability to build relationships internally and with other United Way, State and local governments, educations, nonprofit and private sector organizations.
- Ensures all compliance requirements with United Way Worldwide are met and accomplished within identified deadlines and reports to the board any new policies, advocacy or organizational changes being conveyed from United Way Worldwide.
- Oversight of the strategic plan and the processing to identify future direction for the organization and the community.
- Lead the development, implementation, and execution of the annual operational plan and manage the process.
- Leverage and coordinate resources to ensure strategic alignment in the areas of community impact, resource development, and staff alignment.
- Serve as the principle resource and support to the Board of Directors and its key committees, while providing input in policy formulation and interpretation.
- Collaborate with Executive Board Team in the development of an effective and motivated board, and continued engagement by Board members.
- Protects the brand and organization to the highest ability and informs the Board of anything that could damage the brand or operational integrity.
- Conducts business in a way that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Responsible for the overall impact of UWTC in the community, with emphasis on increasing its capacity to set priorities and measure impact of social change
- Provide strategic and long-term visioning consistent with the direction set in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- With the Board of Directors, determine objectives and strategies for meeting goals; allocate resources according to priorities, and leverage all resources available to accomplish associated tasks and anticipated obstacles.
- Creates community, non-profit and business relationships across all sectors and leverages those relationships to uplift local lives and community conditions.
- Is the spokesperson for the organization along with the Board President and is responsible for distributing necessary communications to the local media and key stakeholders.
- Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, developing innovative future strategies, researching funding sources, establishing an effective process to approaching funders, submitting proposals and grants, and overseeing fundraising records and documentation.
- With the Board of Directors, work toward campaign growth, fundraising successfully within the traditional campaign and planned giving channels and utilizing newer development methods and opportunities to increase giving.
- Maintain and foster relationships with current individual and corporate donors, and identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors and corporate partners to further develop fundraising opportunities.
- Conducts presentations and workplace campaign activities that will cultivate new donors and volunteers and engages donors and volunteers through various communication mediums.
- Maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors.
- With the Executive Board Team, manage organizational spending, monitor budget compliance and mitigate financial risk.
- Initiates annual audit or financial review process with the board and provides timely information requested for completion.
Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate both about UWTC’s mission and about the fundraising, community organizing, and management activities needed to achieve the mission. The ideal candidate will have proven fundraising and nonprofit management skills and be an inspirational and collaborative team builder. Essential qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public, non-profit, or business management, plus five years progressively responsible experience in nonprofit leadership and development, including fundraising, community organizing, planning, budgeting, and fiscal management. Educational qualifications may be waived depending on work history. Executive level corporate or public sector experience with significant volunteer leadership roles may substitute for nonprofit experience.
- Knowledge of non-profit management.
- Strong change management skills to build effective community- and organization-wide systems and structures to raise funds and create impact.
- A proven track record of fundraising and relationship development; ability to successfully develop new revenue sources within the local market conditions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in inspiring support and confidence, representing organizational vision, mission, goals, and outcomes to a diverse group of stakeholders in a variety of venues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the nonprofit sector, with an understanding of the importance of building and maintaining relationships with nonprofit partners, and ability to develop and implement collaborative strategies and plans.
Reports to: United Way of Taylor County (UWTC) Board of Directors